Thursday, December 12, 2013

Looking Back at Top Spatial Law and Policy Stories Since 2010

Since 2010, the Spatial Law and Policy Blog has identified the Top 10 Spatial Law and Policy stories over the course of the year. In preparing this year's version, I decided to go back and look at previous Top 10 blog posts. 

In my review, I was struck by how mainstream geospatial technology and location information has come in a relatively short time. For example, in 2010 the fall-out over Google Streetview was a top story.  In 2013, it is (or will be) UAVs. I was also struck as to how there has been little resolution to the legal and policy issues. For example in 2010, top issues included efforts to legislate geolocation privacy, a push for open data and law enforcement's collection of location information without proper oversight. Sound familiar?

Here are links to the previous Top 10 Spatial Law and Policy Stories from 2010, 2011 and 2012. Let me know your thoughts. 

No comments: